- This event has passed.
Assessment for Busy (Academic) People
March 17, 2016 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pmFree
A workshop on learning outcomes assessment for academic programs (supports Tk20!)
This down-to-business workshop supports program-level assessment of student learning for the June 15 Tk20 reporting deadline.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
• Identify best practices for student learning outcomes assessment
• Determine the quality of your program’s learning outcomes and revise, if needed
• Select appropriate pieces of evidence that demonstrate student learning using the program’s learning outcomes and curriculum map
• Collect and evaluate existing student work to understand student success in your program
• Develop and use rubrics or other tools to assess program-level student learning outcomes
Please bring your program’s learning outcomes and curriculum map, and any assessment tools (rubrics, evaluation criteria, etc.) that you plan to use.
Participants will leave with a meaningful and manageable plan for their own program that they can discuss with colleagues and implement.
Dr. Stephanie (Hazel) Foster, Acting Director, Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning